Saturday, April 11, 2015

Womens Bible Cafe™

Womens Bible Cafe™


Come Empty | Book Review

Posted: 10 Apr 2015 02:03 PM PDT

Come Empty Saunda Dalton Smith

Morning Devotions: Matcha Latte with coconut milk no sweetener from Starbucks, tray from Tina Cooley at Martha and Mary, Banana Bread from Danielle Walker at Against All Grain and Come Empty devotional book by Saundra Dalton Smith

“God's Word declares that even the tiniest seed of faith is enough. Your part is not to do the mountain moving. Your part is to simply come,” writes Dr. Saundra Dalton-Smith in her new devotional book Come Empty: Pour Out Life’s Hurts and Receive God’s Healing Love. From the first devotion, I found myself in deeper relationship with the Lord and pouring out my heart and tears to Him. The words “come empty” were driving me to hold nothing back as I worked through the journaling activities and prayed through the Scriptures.

Each of the devotions begins with a heart cry message, followed by a Spirit-led response. Saundra writes, “Within the pages of this book, I share some of the hard emotions I took into His presence. Some of these were my emotions, some were those shared with me by my patients.” This devotional format is similar to the Jesus Calling book, with the added feature of the BEGINNING of the prayer. So where Sarah Young shared the response to her prayers, Saundra Dalton-Smith shares the initial prayer and then the response. It’s a two-step process instead of just one and shows where the communication initiated in the prayer. In both devotionals, the writers are sharing a heart message.

There are 80 total days of devotions from which you will choose 50 that speak to your personal situation. Keeping in mind Saundra is a physician, some of the devotions are based on uncovering your pain. You can start with the first devotion and move forward in sequence, or you can use the topical index to pinpoint the areas of your deepest pain. The last 20 devotions are based on moving from pain to the fulfilling of the promises of Jubilee. She recommends 30-40 days working through your pain and the last 10-20 days transitioning into the fullness of all God has for you. Each person is unique and the time needed to heal is an individual process.

This devotional book is a journey worth taking. Will you accept this invitation from Dr. Saundra Dalton-Smith: “Life is full of invitations to come empty. Every time things don't go as planned. Every time death comes unannounced. Every time disappointment rears its head. Every time illness strikes. Every time money is low. Every time your strength is gone. Every time fear tries to dominate. Every time faith is overshadowed by doubt. The invitations are countless. The question is not if you will get an invitation, but whether or not you will come. Will you accept life's invitation to come empty and be filled?”

Come. Empty.

My book endorsement: Dr. Saundra Dalton-Smith had me crying at page one as compassion pours out through her words. I couldn’t put the book down and wanted to dig deeper into the daily devotions. Resisting temptation, I slowed down and worked through one day at a time for a heart-makeover rooted in Christ. I didn't just read through this book: I prayed through it and journaled my heart. Written in conversational format, the essence is pouring out your heart’s cry and listening within your heart for His reply. Christine Abraham | Founder and Ministry Director at WomensBibleCafe.com

 

Please rate my Amazon review 5/5 when you CLICK HERE

To order a printed copy of this book CLICK HERE

To order a Kindle version of this book CLICK HERE

 

Although I received an advanced copy of this book for review, once it was published I bought a Kindle version and several printed versions to give to friends as gifts. I received an advanced copy of this book free from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review and the opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255 : "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.

No comments:

Post a Comment